Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday Musings

Saturday mornings... even though I was up earlier than normal to take Nathan to his ACT test, and paid bills...read a few chapters in my book, drank coffee and now green tea, washed dishes (twice), made breakfast for a kid (twice), will go out and pull weeds soon, will also pick up Nathan from his test and go to his baseball game later this afternoon--despite all of this, I LOVE Saturdays. I think my favorite thing is the change of pace, a mix-up of the schedule, not the same-old-same-old.

This Saturday is especially remarkable because my amazing friends are finally, after waiting patiently and tearfully for months, boarding a plane for Africa where their two teenage boys await. Yes, they are adopting two teen boys into a family of four girls! Only God can put this family together, and in His perfect timing, these boys will come home. Home to not only a room with bunkbeds that have been standing alone for too long, but also to a whole posse of people who have prayed for this day. There's still a lot of work to be done (both in Africa and on our knees), but we are all excited to see how God works out all the details.

Now for medical things. Next Tuesday, on the 15th, I will be having my blood draw (to recheck tumor markers) and my MRI. As always, I would love prayers for peace as I go into these screenings. My hope is that the tumor markers drop and nothing suspicious shows up on the MRI. More importantly, please pray that I walk in His strength during these next days. We have plans to go to Arizona the following week to soak up the sun and enjoy a bit of family time. If all goes well on Tuesday, this will be the relaxing getaway our family longs for. If not, well... I refuse to borrow trouble for something that may never come to pass. The best plan in all of this is to live for today. I'm not wasting one of my precious Saturdays worrying about tomorrow.

Or as one of my favorite bloggers, Ann Voskamp, writes:

The James 1  simple day planner for the hard days, for every day.
1. Ask God for wisdom
2. Believe God without doubt
3. Thank God no matter what
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, & it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt.” James 1:5-6




2 comments:

ljlaffitte said...

I am praying for you, dear friend.

Linda said...

Thanks, Laura!