Friday, May 25, 2012

Pink Ribbon on Baseball Hat

Ben's Little League team is the Mariners. The team mom (with my permission) passed out little pink ribbons in honor of my journey to the players and the coaches. At first I was a tad embarrassed, but she is an amazingly sweet person, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. To see this team of mostly 10 and 11 year olds unabashedly wearing hats with pink ribbons would have had me in tears had I not had to keep my focus on the scorebook.

Then Ben went to our friend's house after a baseball game last week. They have this very rambunctious dog who decided Ben's hat looked like a fun chew toy. This is what it looked like when he was finished.



 Ben's only response when he was told about the hat, "Is the pink ribbon okay?" The mom tried finding a seamstress to repair the damage, but the hat was too damaged. She then emailed Ben's coach who said he had extras, and yes, he would ask the team mom to get Ben's name sewed on it, too. Last night, after several rainouts cancelled games this week, he came home with his new hat. Not only did she embroider his name on it, but she also had a pink ribbon sewed on it, too.




No comments: