Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yeah for Normal

Just woke up from a long nap after my colonoscopy today. The doctor said I was normal...or at least my colon is. Such a good feeling to be told I won't need another one for ten years. Everyone knows the prep work for this screening is the pits, The hardest part of the laxative is the volume of liquid that must be consumed. Drinking it through a straw and sucking on a lemon after made it go down pretty easily I didn't sleep for the procedure, but I'm noticing that I'm forgetting details. I'm sure that's the drug's side effect..I was thankful my appointment was early in the morning so I could immediately come home, eat a huge bowl of my homemade granola, yogurt and blueberries....then head to bed. I could go back to sleep again now, but I want to be able to sleep tonight so I'm forcing myself to stay awake. Time for a bit of mindless TV. The one nice thing about the test is I don't feel guilty about laying around today.

No comments: