Saturday, January 12, 2013

So Far So Good

 For the one or two of you who might be wondering if I experienced any side effects on Tamoxifin, the answer for today is not really. I did have a hard time staying asleep last night, but I think that is from the Herceptin.  I'm just very grateful that I didn't wake up feeling nauseous at all. Some of the other side effects are more tolerable (i.e. hot flashes--which I'm already experiencing and can handle pretty well, especially during winter), but I really didn't want to wake up feeling sick every morning. It's hard enough getting out of bed as it is, and feeling nauseous makes it even harder. So, the good news is, while I slept in today, it wasn't because I was feeling sick. I just didn't get a good night's sleep and didn't have anyplace to go right away this morning. I went on an hour-long walk with my friend Tiffany this afternoon and had lots of energy to get some chores done around the house. I'll have to say that my first day of 1800+ isn't so bad.

 I love the section of James that I'm studying this week:

 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”  James 4: 13-15


That's some good advice as I look at a drug that I'll be taking for the next five years. If it's the Lord's will that I take it for that long, I'll do that. If not, He'll have another plan. My focus is on each day, asking the Lord's will and being grateful that He's allowed me another day to live. And that's good enough for me!

No comments: