Thursday, May 9, 2013

Anniversary Musings...

I've just passed a lot of "anniversaries" while I live life on this side of treatment. Even though I didn't blog about them all, every day I would think back a year ago and what I was facing. 

Today I had to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. for my MRI biopsy. 
Today I met my oncologist for the first time... and the second time, and she ran late and we had to call in the help of friends to get the boys to their baseball games.
Received good news on the other pathology reports so I scheduled my surgery. Then there was the second surgery because the margins weren't big enough...
The first meeting with my naturopath...

So many appointments, lots of recovery, lots of information and blessings.Spring was a whirlwind of obstacles last year, but it wasn't nearly as difficult as the summer.  As I think about my days, these days, I love that I am going to the beach for a field trip with Ben's class...cheering on the sidelines for the boys games... encouraging Becca to use better words in her essays...laughing with her about her day at the barn...enjoying the simple life of being here for my family. Today I taught Ben's class at our co-op. He came up to me later and said, "You did a good job today." That's what it's all about... living the life God has given me with the kids He has blessed us with... Nothing better than that!

No comments: