Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday

Today I went in for my second white cell booster shot. There was quite a lineup of us getting the shot by the time Walt and I arrived at 9 a.m. I guess the strategy will be for the next time is either get there 10 minutes early or 10 minutes later so there'll be less of a wait. I'm trying Claritin to see if that wards off some of the bone pain I experienced last time, as recommended by my oncologist. I like how she is really good at tweaking things to help me during this course. She, too, is wondering if the accupuncture I had on July 3rd will help with some of the nausea. So far, I think I'm feeling the same as I did the first round. I'm right on schedule taking my nausea meds, but it hit me bad Saturday night last time so I'll let you know. I do have another pill to add to my arsenal if I need more help, but this will make me drowsy so I'll time it after my daily walk or during a stretch I won't need to be driving, if I need it.

 I discovered that the glutimine supplement that should help build back my GI track from the chemo is best put in juice and chugged down. The smoothy last night didn't work and it definitely doesn't work in food, and so hopefully I'll think of different juices I can tolerate from my juicer or a carton for one more day. I think it helped last time to get my system back to normal after my bout of diarrhea, so I'll do my best to get the final 3 doses down.

Other than that, things are going well. The sun is out, have only one kid home right now since the boys are at a birthday sleepover and will be picked up in about an hour. Then Becca and Nathan have to pack for their weeklong camp, and since Ben will be bored without any siblings around, I'll figure out a fun schedule of going over to friends house to keep him busy during my hard week next week. Thanks again for your support and prayers. We love running this race with you all!

No comments: