Monday, June 3, 2013

Sweet, Sweet Relief!

As soon as I heard her voice, I knew it was okay. "I have good news," my nurse practitioner stated brightly. "You do not carry the faulty BRCA gene." Yes!!! Yes!! Praise God!!! Tears flowed as I thanked her for calling. God's timing was perfect, too. I mentioned in my last blog post how everytime the phone rang, I panicked a bit. I was not looking forward to that moment when I realized I was answering a call from my doctor's office, those few seconds of worry before hearing what the results were. When the call came tonight, I was driving to Ben's baseball game. I couldn't tell who the call was from, but quickly realized this was the call I had been anticipating for days. Before I knew what was happening, I had the answer I was praying for. To have it come so sweetly, so perfectly, I know it could only have been orchestrated by my loving Father.

On Sunday during my bible study, we listened to a DVD presentation by Priscilla Schirer, and she described a time when she was thankful for unanswered prayer, now that she sees more of the reason God answered her prayers with a no. She said that when she prays now, she adds, "But God, if you want to do something better, that's fine with me!"

I have been praying for God's plan, for His will, for His better. Was I at the point of accepting a positive test result with the same thankfulness as the actual negative one prompted? I doubt it, but I was willing to be willing. I was open to what God deemed His best for me and my family, knowing He would provide all I needed. I am so utterly thankful that this is His answer, but I don't love God more. Nothing He could do would change my love for Him. God's already done more than I deserve. I have His promise of heaven to look forward to, to hold secure.Everything else is just frosting on the cupcake. I am so glad that today I am tasting sweet, sweet frosting! Thanks so much for all of your prayers. It is an honor to run this journey with you.

And in case you were wondering, Ben won his game, 9-8, to top off a beautiful day.

No comments: