Saturday, June 1, 2013

Still Waiting

"For I am the LORD, your GOD, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.' "
Isaiah 41:13


I'm still waiting on the results of the BRCA test. Today was the first day this week that my heart didn't pound every time the phone rang. It is, after all, Saturday, and I don't expect to hear from my doctor on the weekend. I thought I'd have heard by now, but between the Memorial Day holiday and perhaps a huge increase of the number of tests flooding Myriad Labs (which is the only place the test is performed), I think it'll take longer than originally expected. I plan on calling my doctor early next week to make sure they aren't sitting on the test results for whatever reason. I have an appointment scheduled for Friday (my last Herceptin!), and my doctor may plan on giving me the test results in person. She has done that in the past when I had follow-up tests on my heart, but I'd like to hear on this test as soon as they get word.

While I wait, I'll remember that God longs to be gracious and compassionate to all of us. No matter what the results reveal, God has a plan.


As for God, his way is perfect:

    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 18:30

No comments: