Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Starbucks

After Becca's orthodontic appointment today, we stopped at Starbucks. She sipped on a double chocolate chip frap and I relished an iced vanilla latte as we drove home. A memory of last summer's aversion to coffee flashed through my mind, which made me enjoy all the more the cool sweetness of today's latte. Most of my meals these days include a fresh salad, and I remember not being able to tolerate raw veggies last year at this time. Every food I eat, from the fresh picked strawberries delivered to my door, to the pupusas that my mother-in-law made for last night's dinner, help to lead me to thankfulness. Why would a piece of romaine do this? It's because last summer, I dreamt of the day I could have a salad. And a latte. And to eat raw broccoli without having my stomach rebel. Every day I can enjoy great food is a blessing. The good thing is you don't have to go through a summer of chemo to enjoy the blessings God has showered on us. It's all around us, to be sipped, tasted, enjoyed. Try it and see if life doesn't taste all the sweeter!


No comments: