Monday, September 10, 2012

Just A Quick Update

I went in for fluids today and my blood pressure was really low. After taking my vitals after a liter of fluids, my doctor suggested coming in again tomorrow. I think the cumulative side effects of the drugs make it harder to recover each time. So, tomorrow Walt is dropping me off at the hospital and my friend Wendy has offered to pick me up. This is such a busy time of year for so many of us that I feel bad asking anyone to add more to their plate. The good thing is I only have one more "bad Monday," tomorrow will be my second to the last "Tuesday..." Each day brings me one step closer to being finished with chemo.

Since today was our first day of our home school co-op, Walt took the kids to classes and my friend and neighbor Cindy made the journey with me down to the hospital. Because of bad traffic, complications with my vitals, and the time it took to pump the fluids into my system, Cindy had a full morning with me. I so appreciate her taking the time to help me. Even though I wasn't feeling very well, we still had great conversations about books, our faith and kids. It was such a blessing to have undivided time with her.

My fingers aren't working well right now. As I think I've mentioned before, one of the side effects of chemo is neuropathy, a numbness in my fingers. It could also happen in my toes, but I notice it in my fingers, especially my left hand. Typing is tricky, but I can still feel enough to make it work. The doctor is confident that it won't be permanent, but each time it may take longer to recover.




No comments: