Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 3 Surviving

While today has been the hardest day so far, it is not nearly as bad as I was told it could be. I feel the fatigue big time. I was able to make it to the hopsital for my booster shot this morning, and then stopped by briefly at Ben's practice. Back at home I caught my breath while watching an old movie on the couch, Goodbye, Mr. Chips. Even though I still felt tired, I forced myself to get up to vacume the downstairs. I am able to do things in small bursts of energy, but then need to rest. Walking has been such a wonderful source of refreshment. Susan, another one of my amazing friends, came by with a meal tonight, and we took a stroll through my neighborhood. I know the pace was slow, but it felt so good to breathe in fresh air, feel the soft wind and catch up on what's been going on with her. The nausea is taking away my appetite right now. The family had french dip (a huge favorite in our house), but I'm sipping my glutamine supplement in a cool berry smoothy. It's going down slowly, but it's tolerable. Susan brought some sweet potatoes that actually sound good to me, so I am baking them with hopes that I can enjoy them.

I was listening to Mathew West's Your Life cd this afternoon and heard his song, "Survivors," for the first time. You'll know quickly why these words are so meaningful to me:

For the phone call that tore you apart
 For the fear that gripped your heart
For the moment you saw who you are
And what you're made of
For the cancer that stole all your hair 
For the smile like you just don't care
For the hope in a midnight prayer
You're a survivor...

I'm convinced neither death nor life,
Neither demons nor angels of light
Shadows present or future light
Can separate us
From the Love that will lead us on
To the hope when all hope is gone...

Good words to dwell on tonight!

No comments: