Saturday, August 11, 2012

Evidences of God

Went on a long walk this morning, just me and my music. My legs are starting to feel strong again, without the joint clicking and wobbliness that comes from the white blood booster shot. I'm trying to focus on eating as healthfully as possible this week to help me be strong for my next round of chemo on Thursday. Since I have the taste for more fresh veggies and fruit, I have to be extremely careful to not eat anything that could cause me the tummy troubles I had last time. Eating out can be tricky as I'm dependent on how well the food is cleaned and prepared, so I'm relying on God for wisdom and to protect me from infection. It's a tricky walk these days.

Yesterday Lydia and I went out for lunch at Quidoba. As I pulled into the restaurant, I bypassed an open spot right in front of the door to park in an area with more room. As we were sitting in the restaurant, a lady came in and asked who owned a black car because someone just hit it. It wasn't ours, but when we left the restaurant, I discovered the car was parked in the exact spot I bypassed earlier. I know that's God's grace for me at this time. I felt sorry for the guy who now has to deal with a body shop and insurance claim, but I know that God protected me from having to endure that with everything else going on. How many more things has he saved me from, directed me away from or led me to? More than I can imagine, I'm sure.

I trying to look for evidences of God's presence these days. Because I no longer take my health for granted, being able to walk up hills and even be strong enough to walk our crazy dog shows how far He has brought me this week. I value being able to smell foods and enjoy them which shows how far He has carried me. I am blessed by many hands who have come to help when I am not able to do things on my own, but I appreciate cooking, cleaning and doing normal things all the more when I am able. As I'm going through this journey, I want to notice how closely God is walking with me. I'm going to keep my eyes open because I know I'll see Him in even more amazing ways.

No comments: