Thursday, August 2, 2012

Herceptin, Fluids and Another Shot

Today was the best I've felt at my one-week return to the hospital for Herceptin. Being able to eat a bit better last night helped to curb a bit of the nausea this morning. My pulse and blood pressure were good, and I think I could have even tolerated having someone eating or talking about foods today. (Even though I'm thankful that we had the room to ourselves!) My doctor said I only needed a half liter of fluids, just to stay on top of the hydration. I needed my fourth white blood cell booster shot, though. My counts must have really taken a dive to warrant four shots during this cycle. I know my bones will continue to ache for a few days, but it's necessary to keep me on track in my treatments. My doctor even stopped by briefly and chatted about the timing with the fluids. She was still surprised to hear that I only started feeling a bit better last night. She said she'll still think on it. Lydia was impressed at how personable she is for a busy doctor. Lydia also thanked my nurse for offering us such a beautiful smile.

By the time we returned from the hospital, I felt pretty achy. This afternoon, Ben wanted me to see a show that Nathan and him had been watching on Netflix called Merlin, so we popped popcorn and went upstairs and enjoyed a couple of episodes. I loved spending time with the boys, but I didn't like all the snakes in the episode. Now they are outside playing with the neighbors, I'm lazing around on the couch but planning on heading out to the porch soon, and Lydia is busy (as always) trying to find things to clean and do.

No comments: