Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Radiation #2

Today was day #2 for radiation. I took this picture because it looks pretty ominous as I walk up the hall for my appointment. There are signs all over saying, "Danger" or "Construction Only."  The waiting room is really nice, so maybe I'll have a chance tomorrow to take a picture of that. I had just arrived in the waiting room, reaching in my purse for my camera, when the technologist called my name. The tech I had today was the second one from yesterday, plus I had another one to help get me lined up on the table exactly. I really need to get their names. I was told that Dr. Hunter saw the film yesterday and liked how my heart looked when I did my breathing. She said they'll take a film every day to make sure my heart stays out of the way. I then breezed through the treatment. Then I put on lotion, changed clothes and checked my watch. All done in about 12 minutes.

I made sure I took a walk before my treatment today since I prepared to be tired again afterwards and knew it would be easier to not want to walk. I made it through the hills in my neighborhood pretty well today.  I am pretty tired now, though. I really don't know if it's the result of low red blood cells, the busyness of adding this extra daily trip to the hospital, the effects of radiation on my cells, or a combination of all. It's probably the latter, along with a bit of emotion thrown in. It's still hard to think of doing this every day. As long as I just take it one day at a time, I think I won't get so overwhelmed. Tomorrow should work out well as  the church where we have our home school classes is just one exit away from the hospital.  Becca and Ben will go home after their last class with our friends the Sanders, Nathan has a class after lunch, so while I head to the hospital, he'll stay at the church for that. If it goes as smoothly as today, I should be back to the church before his class is out.

No comments: