Monday, October 1, 2012

The Last of the Yucky Mondays

While my dear friends pitched in to make sure my kids got to their home school classes this morning, Walt took me to the hospital for fluids. Each time my symptoms seem a little worse. Today, it took two liters of fluids and five hours for my vitals to stabilize enough for me to go home. I feel quite a bit better tonight, but we'll go back in again for another liter tomorrow. I'm so thankful that Walt took through Wednesday off this week so I didn't have to scramble for a ride. All I can think is, this is my last Monday after chemo!! Next Monday I'll feel better, and each Monday after that will be even better! I know I'll have sick days, I'll have days that I don't want to face, but I plan on doing my best to embrace each Monday as a gift, all the more valuable because of the price paid for having an ordinary Monday.

No comments: